Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You big Bully!

This time of night i sit in my room with my window wide open and have this famliar smell of nicotine blowing into my room from the patio. My roommate goes outside for his ritualistic end of the day smoke. You know, it's one of those smells that I actually don't mind. Yes, folks I did indeed smoke in high school. In fact when I turned 16 that was my guilty pleasure. It was probably more for the whole socialization factor. I remember going to the store and buying a pack for me and my friend KB. She too was a bad ass and we would smoke together.. The marlboro lights were our favs.. and once in a while I would switch to American spirits. It wasn't until about two years ago that I would just do it socially. It never really was an addiction for me. I give my roommate a hard time for his little habit but I wonder if he knows of my own old habit.
Anyways, i have been in one of those moods tonight that i seem to can't rid. I have been scoffing all evening about everything and nothing in particular. I guess it was one of those days that I can't seem to shake off and need to becuase it's pretty much over with. I came to the realization that some parents just don't get things about their kids. And they will make excuses for them until something serious happens and thats when their ways will change. ( I guess that's a generalization, because that attitude will never change in some cases.) I found myself biting my tongue today because this person was obviously trying to make herself feel better for what the daugther did. Obviously, the daughter was in the wrong. She was bullying two girls on the playground and it wasn't acceptable. Schools take bullying very serious these days and it's hard not to look pass. The teacher had every right to go up this little girl and let her know it was not okay. The parent of the bullied child was correct in letting the teacher know about this. The parents of the bullies should have been notified right away and not kept in the dark. But on the other hand.. What role do these parent's actually pay in this child's school career? And maybe thats why the teacher felt as if they didn't need to be involved.........(just athought..)Oh we don't want to bruise our child's ego.. No-no, we can never do that. Let alone, call your child on a bullshit... We want them to talk to us when they are in the teen crisis years so let's just ignore the fact that a HUGE lie just took place. Why don't you try spending sometime with her and embrace who she is first. It makes me so mad that there are parents out there that actually believe in all of the psycho babble. I have read enough books on child pyschology to know child are more screwed up as a teen when they are treated like this now. The whole mentality of "i want an open relationship with my son or daughter" works only if you put some strict boundaries on it now and not when they need their love the most.

I guess your "Education" doesn't always match your parenting skills....

No comments: