Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Uncle Bob

This evening I decided to stay at work and meet this infamous grandpa of theirs. I must say that what i am about to say was wine induced. (Okay, me the crazy woman with a glass of red wine in my hand while I decided to make a fool of myself.) I have heard so much about this man that I could probably give you the low down on him.(Obviously can't due to privacy.) A little rough around the edges(to say the least) but actually a pretty interesting man. Anyways, the kids don't seem much of him and they refer to him as Uncle instead of Granpda due to lack of him in their life. Well, **** and I joke around and call him Uncle Bob when the kids aren't around. Low and behold this evening after reminding myself not to call him Uncle Bob I decided to call him that. It ran out of my mouth like a ball of fire and before i knew it I had him looking at me in disbelief. I was rudely corrected by him with an evil glare and soon found myself in the kitchen rolling on the ground in utter amazement. I did have to laugh at my diarrhea of the mouth. It was one of those times where my face was completely red. (I know I was already sporting the asian flush.. but it was even hotter.) And there was no way around it but to apologize. I covered it up by saying I meant to say Grandpa and for some reason Uncle came to my mouth instead. There was a quick spout of unwanted akwardness but it soon disapeared after another glass of wine. I spent the rest of the night making sure I called him Grandpa.........

No comments: