Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tree war.

It has been a week or two since my last entry and I will try to sit and type something here.
The past three weeks there has been this ongoing project at work. We have been working out in this amazing yard. I say we(me and my client.) I know it's not part of my job description but I do enjoy working in the yard immensly. I found myself last week helping **** transplanting two large ass trees from one end of the yard to the other. We first started with his apple tree and started to dig. We dug and dug for a good 30 minutes to come to find out that the roots were underneath this fence. We stopped and covered the hole back up for later and decided to wait to ask the gardner lady about it.
The other tree was intense too. If you can picture me in my flip flops with **** digging this hole with sweat dripping down our faces and then carrying it to another side of the yard looking like complete fools.. We did manage to keep this tree alive after the big transplant.
On the other hand I came into work yesterday to find that the apple tree was moved over the weekend. THe bossman decided to take it upon himself to do it on his own. It was more of a competitive issue with him than anything. He could hardly believe that **** and I had moved this bad boy ourselves. And I guess it took a bit of convincing for him to believe that we did that. Now looking at this poor pathetic looking apple tree I don't think it's going to make it after the big move. It kinda leans over and all the leaves look dead. It will be a true miracle for it to stay alive. If he had waited for us, then the tree would be still alive. It really needed3-4 people for the move but I think his head got to be big.
So in the next few weeks, I will probably be helping with planting a new apple tree. That one will go bye-bye silently and the new one will be put in without a trace. This apple tree belongs to my little ****. It was given to them as a gift when she was born. **** still thinks it's alive. So hopefully we can exchange it without her realizing..... I dunno though..The moral of this story folks, is to not let your head get big over a stupid apple tree because something will have to be replaced.

No comments: