Monday, June 19, 2006

Do I have a cat?

On friday I went on a field trip with ****'s class to the zoo. I woke early enough to sit and watch the weather report and they seem to have lied because I went in to that day thinking that it was going to be cloudy and drizzly all day. Sure folks.. It really wasn't the case. Instead I found myself in my rain jacket dripping wet from head to toe. It wasn't just raining it was monsoon time in Seattle because it came down in sheets. ****and I went under cover in the Butterfly exhibit at one point and found that everyone else had the same idea. We were both getting antsy so we ventured out in the rain with the other half of the zoo patrons and quickly saw some more animals. It got to the point where I made him pull over again and we both huddled under the eave of this building. OH yeah, I should also mention that i left my umbrella in my car that day. So if you can just imagine that i wore the wrong rain coat that day. (The hoodless look.) Instead, I looked like a drowned rat by the time we departed the zoo that day. In the end, we found some other kids from his class and decided to go into this food pavillion and hang out for the last hour of the visit. The rain was just too much for these little kids. (I wouldn't blame them.) As we were exiting the zoo that day, the sun came out to play...

Later on that day, i found myself in ****'s class watching her classmate's class presentations on their service projects. **** decided to go grocery shopping for an elderly man in their neighborhood. (Pat on my back.. That was my idea..) We did, or I should say, I did a poster for this presentaion. And it kicked ass! She actually did a good portion but it was like pulling teeth to do what we did. I think she would have gone to school unprepared if I hadn't cracked the whip on tuesday night. IT would have been my fault too (ie her mom) if it wasn't done by the time I had left that evening. *Gee, this reminds me of the whole "list" issue.* I was actually pretty nervous on what she thought about the poster too. (lol) I should have also mentioned in the "list" entry that she is hard core type A. She admits it too.. It can be a little too much. I had more anxiety over that stupid thing then **** due to her mom's type A personality. I will have to post a picture of it once we get it back home.

Anyways, I sat in the classroom waiting and waitng for **** to get up and do her little presentation. As I was listening to the other presentations, one of the other teachers that works in her classroom came up to me and asked about my cat.. ****told this teacher that i had a pet cat. I politely replied by telilng him that i didn't have a cat. I started to wonder about all the other "stories" she has told about me to him. OH well.. I must be the cat lady to her...

No comments: