Saturday, September 16, 2006

Re-visiting the past and laying her down to rest.

I must say that I am in the midst of laying to rest someone who has been a huge part in my life and will continue to be as I go down the road of life. (Sounds cheesy but true.) It makes me sad because this person should be here right now putting me into my place and letting me know things will be just fine. She's the one who made my dreary days go round and would put a simple smile on my face when life seemed hard. My thursday nights are no longer combed with Survivor, drinking pepsi and eating oreos or girl scout cookies. The security of knowing I can call her up or go over to her house and talk about just about anything is no longer there.

All of these are distant memories that I keep close to my heart. My bonding time with my Auntie will always stay with me. I wish deep down in my heart that she could be with me on my wedding day and when i am bring a new life into the world.. Instead she will have the best seat in the house looking down upon me during some of these important times in my life....

Today, as I say my last goodbye to this amazing lady I know she will always have a huge place in my heart. The legacy she left behind to carry on is one damn good one. Auntie, I love you so much! Thank you for being my Mom and keeping me in check with reality. You are the most amazing person in my life and I treasure ever moment I had with you.

No comments: