Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"it's not oo-tang"

My quote is from a recent conversation that i had with P in regards to the Wutang Clan. I told P that it wasn't oo-tang although it kinda sounds like it. And it wasn't them or Macy that I saw this past weekend. You would think he would know some of these names.

This past weekend I got to see Blue Scholars, Kanye West, and A Tribe Called Quest. I must say that I was mostly disappointed by Kanye West's performance. I am glad that I didn't pay tons of money to watch him sing 4 of his songs. A and I ended up leaving partly through it because it wasn't that great. And I was actually one of the oldest at that particular show. Yes indeed the bop scene was in full affect at that concert... A and I joked around that Kanye would go off stage because he needed to change his underwear. it wasn't for costume changes. As A and I were standing at the concert we came up with a few observations while listening to Kanye choke. (I apologize but it truly sucked!) 1. PDA amongst the bops was rather intense that night. It back me back to high school at bhs where this couple would sit in the halls during break and lunch and go at it. 2. Kanye's bright turquoise jacket was rather obnoxious. 3. I don't know if parents should bring their little ones in a stroller or back pack to a concert. (I have rather mixed emotions about that currently...) 4.Realizing that I must be getting a little old to be sitting around with the bopsters and listening to Kanye's dj spin the whole night. 5. I probably could have bought his cd and sat and listened to it at home. 6. Smuggling in bottles of hard A into a concert must be a talent and then watching these 12 year olds play "pass the bottle around" was rather amusing. I would always drink before hand because we were always afraid of getting caught. 7. Some people shouldn't be wearing certain clothes out in public. Don't their parents say anything? (I sound a damn soccer mom!)

I mentioned earlier that I did get to see A Tribe Called Quest. Let me tell everyone it was one of the best performances that i had seen. Before they got on stage a group by the name of Atmosphere and put on an amazing show too. I had actually seen them while I was in San Fran last month.. There was less of a bop scene at that concert and more of an older crowd. I stood with TS and her family watching this kickin concert. I accidently ran into them while waiting to go into the concert. No really observations were formed while at this concert. I was actually digging the concert.
Are the rumors actually true? Will they actually reunite? I have a hunch that they will for sure..

More to come later... I need to get into bed. It has been one of those days for me. Got a bunch of stuff accomplished and the nanny diaries will continue during the next installment. I needed to take a vacate from that spectrum.. Crazy things have been happening and i must share more of the nanny diaries......

No comments: