Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Looking back at my last post i think I did it about two weeks ago because the realization that I am now in my 32nd week just occurred. Maybe those email updates in my inbox every week isn't enough for me to remember.. But although according to DC my memory hasn't been too with it.. There are other things on my mind.. Remembering about my last post was me complaining about those god awful cankles and drinking water like it's going out of style.. So if I start to ramble just bear with me...okay?

Birthing classes.. Those got over two weeks ago.. Was it an enjoyable experience? YEs. A lot of uncomfortable moments watching those birthing videos and hoping it won't be as bad with you. OR the instructor pretending to have a contraction but making it seem more "orgasmic" than an actual contraction.. It was more uncomfortable for the spouses than the actual moms.. We all knew.. We had an array of people in the class.. thank goodness.. All good and happy couples. Over half of the class live in the same vicinity as us. And only one couple delivered during our 8 week sessions.. The other question that people must be dying to know. Did we learn anything? Sure. Good breathing techniques..I think we are both ready.. Although a little practice wouldn't hurt.. I am a little worried that i may take it up a notch for DC. Sorry.. I will try not to break your fingers by squeezing your hands too hard.. Or throw a punch at your gut due to the amount of pain I will be in..

Boy or GIrl?
You will have to ask me.. We do know. And have been thinking about names.. But just ask me.. I will be happy to tell you..

Current status.. As far as pregnancy goes.
WEll.. things are going okay.. I took a blood test about two weeks ago and was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. IT was something that was thrown out of left field.. Truly wasn't expecting it.. It's under control now.. I now take my blood sugar levels 4 times a day.. And had to change up my diet a little bit.. There are a lot of reasons why this happened....But the doctor isn't too sure.. My weight gain has been reasonable.. etc.. There are some other factors that are more scientific that i will explain some other time.. Blood pressure is great.. Thank goodness.. Was a little worried it would spike about this time..Baby is great.. Had an ultra sound two weeks ago.. It was amazing.. It was emotional.. Baby moves all of the time and kicks.. Baby will be the next super star soccer player in the family.. Sorry DC.. We may have to pay for soccer on top of the tae kwon do lessons.. As for me, things are fine besides the gestational diabetes. I am controlling it with diet so insulin is out of the question. YAY! I am laying low and preparing for baby.. I am truly excited. It's getting close..

Finally.. I must apologize to friends out there.. I am sorry i have not been around too much. these days it has been laying low along with putting my feet up.. Oh yes.. saving money for baby.. It's no longer me that i have to truly worry about.. There is another life coming into this world. And so I have been concentrating on DC, baby, and everything else that life has been pitching to me these days. In almost a month and a half I will have a baby attached to me permanently. But I will still be me.........In a soccer mom sense.. lol.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Create a fresh look to your soccer video by using soccer video backgrounds. Here is a site that has some http://www.studio1productions.com/Animations/sports-5.htm
They really jazz up your videos.