Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I must be going through puberty again..

Most mothers and mothers to be all know that our bodies change in ways we didn't ever think they would.. I seem to be telling people that being pregnant is like going through puberty. There are bits and pieces of my puberty that I don't like to remember but it seems as my sister likes to share them with me from time to time.. And other things that i just don't remember.. ANd if i ask my mom about it, she'll usually reply by saying "There were three of you that went through it and I just don't remember..Lol.. She probably has blocked those crazy times out. I wouldn't blame her. I think between me and my other two sisters, we most likely put her through the ringer. Sorry mom and Dad..

A month ago during one of our visits to the doctor, i had to tell her about our laundry hamper experience. She usually asks us at the end of the visit if we have any questions or comments for her.. And most of the time we say no politely and thank her for asking..(sign of a good doctor..)On this occasion.. I blurted out.."Devin told me the other day that I stink.." I can't really describe the look she had on her face.. but it was mostly a "I am not going to laugh" look.. She replied by whispering.."....YOu mean B.O?" And then immediately we both started to laugh like young school girls and she replied again by saying, "body Odor." She had a huge grin on her face and just said that it's normal and a lot of prego women go through it." I told her the reason why I had to tell her that is because a few days prior to our visit with the doctor, me and Dc were talking about doing laundry.. He's pretty blunt when it comes to things.. but he came out and told me that i stunk and that my stench was taking over the entire hamper.. Lol.. At first, I wanted to Choke him for saying that.. And then I laughed..ANd he continued by telling me that he had to spray the hamper with febreeze because the smell was making him sick and ready to throw up..

I haven't heard that phrase, "You smell" since my puberty days.. And if I remember correctly, I said something really stupid to my mom and then started to cry when she told me that very same thing.. Now I confess to all of those non moms or moms to be that it's okay.. Having a new body odor is just the tip of the ice burg.. You must wait to see those other changes in your body...
Next post will continue about hair..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.